Marble dining tables are exquisite pieces of furniture that add elegance and sophistication to your dining area. To ensure their beauty lasts for generations, it’s essential to take proper care of them. Marble is a natural stone that requires specific maintenance to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips and tricks to help prolong the life of your marble dining table Dubai:
- Dust and crumbs can scratch the surface of marble over time. Use a soft, damp cloth or a microfiber cloth to wipe down the table regularly.
- Avoid using abrasive or acidic cleaners, as they can damage the marble. Instead, use a mild, pH-balanced cleaner specifically designed for marble surfaces.
Immediate spill cleanup:
- Marble is porous, which means it can absorb liquids and stains. Promptly clean up any spills, especially those from acidic substances like wine, citrus juice, or vinegar.
- Blot the spill gently with a clean, soft cloth to avoid spreading the liquid and then clean the area with a damp cloth.
Use coasters and placemats:
Place coasters and placemats under glasses, plates, and utensils to prevent direct contact with the marble surface. This minimizes the risk of scratches and stains from hot or cold items.
Avoid heavy impact:
Marble can chip or crack if subjected to heavy impact. Be cautious when placing or moving heavy objects on the table. Lift items rather than dragging them across the surface.
- Marble should be sealed periodically to protect it from stains and moisture absorption. The frequency of sealing depends on usage, but every 6-12 months is a general guideline.
- Use a high-quality marble sealer and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application.
Over time, marble may develop a dull appearance or light surface scratches. Use a marble-specific polishing powder to restore the shine. Follow the product’s instructions carefully.
Prolonging the life of your marble dining table is achievable with proper care and maintenance. By following these tips and tricks, you can enjoy the timeless beauty of your marble table for many years to come. Remember that marble is a natural stone, and its unique characteristics make it a valuable addition to your home when cared for with diligence and respect.