November 16, 2017
As the year winds down, it creates a perfect opportunity to look back at what was and forward at what will be.
Note: We also realize that a lot is going on during the holidays and we didn’t want to take anyone away from family and friends with a Sero Story. So for this week, we will have our best of blog instead of a Sero Story. We hope you enjoy!
A “best of” is a great way to reflect on the year we had. We decided to break down a few categories of top 5’s for your viewing pleasure. We included our favourite quotes, photos, posts and Instagram moments.
Take a look. Enjoy. And let us know what we missed or if we nailed the list!
Top 5 quotes:
With countless hours of interviews recorded, we have heard some amazing words of wisdom, and inspiring stories. Here are our favourite quotes from last year.
- “Because it doesn’t really matter, it doesn’t discriminate, it doesn’t care who you are, it doesn’t care how good you are of a swimmer. It always tests you. As soon as you think you have something sorted on the river, something pops up that reminds you it’s not as easy as you think. I think it’s just the similarities of any kind of paddling on any kind of water with life. It’s the greatest teacher. Even when it’s bad, it’s good.” —Chad Guenter | SUP | Lake Louise AB
- “It was really something special to come out of all that and at the end have this life that we loved waiting for us. We spent all of June, July and August, just loving what we had. It was really wonderful. There were darker moments but it was pretty easy to kick them when you had plans the next day to go swim in a waterfall.” —Sarah Spurell | Climber | St. John’s NL
- “It started out being an escape for me and it ended up being more just a necessity. It’s as essential as air is for me. It enhances my life in such a way that nothing else has been able to. I think if I didn’t have nature, my life would be very different. If I didn’t have that option, if I grew up in a city, and nature was far away from me and I didn’t know the effect it had on me or it could have on me, I could have gone down a really bad road and definitely not be where I am today. It’s definitely nature that, in a way, saved me from myself.” —Brittany Parker | River Surf | Kananaskis AB
- “I’m sure you heard the saying: ‘You only live once’. I say bullshit to that. You die once…You live everyday!” —Roy Glew | Hiking | Jasper AB
Top 5 Sero Story images:
With images in the bank from coast to coast, narrowing it down to the top 5 wasn’t easy. Here are our choices.
Top 5 van images:
It seems that everyone loves van photos so we decided it deserved it’s own category! Here are our favourites!
Top 5 travel images:
Along the way, both of us have explored some pretty amazing places and got up to a few incredible adventures. These our some of the best moments we have had.
Top 5 user submitted #FoundSero Instagram photos:
We always encourage you to tag your adventures with the #FoundSero to share the stoke. Plus, it’s great to know what you guys are up to!
View this post on Instagram
This winter season is getting off to an great start. . . . #mountainlife #iceclimbing #climbing #choosemountains #foundsero #canadianrockies #mybanff #mountainpeopleunite #climbing_pictures_of_instagram #greengreywhite #lifepoints #optoutside #explorealberta #getoutside #MEclimbing #arcteryx #grippedmagazine #teamstampy #adventureawaits #ilovewinter #imagesofcanada #adventurealberta #lifeofadventure #neverstopexploring #liveclimbrepeat #natgeoyourshot
View this post on Instagram
Wishing I was in a tree instead of the eme . . . . . . . . #adventurevisuals #pnw #socality #hellobc #explorebc #britishcolumbia #bcparks #supernaturalbritishcolumbia #explore #adventure #hike #wild #wanderlust #gooutside #artofvisuals #aov #foundsero #pnwbc #pnwside #teva #greatnorthcollective #modernoutdoors #wildernessculture #basecampcards
Top 3 most liked Instagram photos:
Here is what our followers (you guys) have given a like to on Instagram in 2016.
View this post on Instagram
#SeroStory • “I couldn’t afford rent in Whistler so I contemplated staying there in a tent, but I didn’t think sleeping in a tent all summer would be the best to recover physically form 5 days of training. Then, while driving around in Canmore, I saw a van for sale.” —@krismahler Click the link in our bio to the the full story. #FoundSero | @gowestycampers
Top 5 most read Sero Stories of 2016:
All Sero Stories are worth a read in my opinion. They all have a little something that makes them special, but these stories have received more reads than any other.
- Michael Parkes | Canoe Tripping | Gambo NL brought to you by Gambo Lions Club
- Jan-Sebastian La Pierre | Adventurer | Dartmouth NS
- Courtney Sinclair | SUP | Fort Coulonge QC
- Chad Guenter | SUP | Lake Louise AB
- Andrea Hamilton | Road Riding | Corner Brook NL
Top 5 most read blogs of 2016:
Just like for the stories, you have favourite blogs too! Here they are!
- Van Life | 10 Things I Learnt From Buying a Westfalia in Canada
- News | Road Trip Instagram Contest
- News | Bad News and Big Apologies
- Adventures | Fresh Water Surfing in Terrace Bay ON
- #VanLife Reviews | GoWesty Bumper Mounted Swing Away System
Well that is it! That is our best of 2016. We hope you enjoyed it!
What are your favourite moments, stories, quotes and photos? Did we nail this list or are we missing something? Let us know in the comments below.
As per looking forward to 2017, what do you want to see? How can we inspire you to get outside and play? What can we do better? Let us know!